Instructions Following Scaling and Root Planing
- For the first 24 hours you may experience some cold and heat sensitivity.
- Do not consume hot foods or beverages until the anesthesia and numbness have worn off.
- Avoid vigorous physical exercise as well as extremely hot or spicy foods for the first 24 hours.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages or smoke for at least 48 hours following treatment.
- Some bleeding following a deep cleaning is normal, but if you experience excessive bleeding, please call our office.
- You can take ibuprofen or acetaminophen as needed according to the instructions on the label or those provided by your doctor.
- A warm salt water rinse, approximately one teaspoon in an eight ounce glass of water, three times a day can be helpful.
- Brush and floss gently following a deep cleaning, resuming normal brushing and flossing when the soreness is gone.
- Follow any other instructions provided by our office during your visit.
- Please take all medications as prescribed.
Unable to locate Global Block