Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures performed today. They’re an excellent option for those who suffer from teeth discoloration, shape or spacing issues, or minor cracks and chips in their smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers, also called dental veneers or dental porcelain laminates, are wafer-thin shells of tooth-colored material bonded to the front surface of teeth, changing their color, shape, size, or length.
Because porcelain is a strong and durable material, porcelain veneers can be fabricated thinner than composite resin veneers, so less tooth enamel will be removed before they are placed.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Dental veneers can be made of porcelain or composite resin materials. However, porcelain veneers resist stains better than composite resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers can be used to fix many cosmetic issues, including:
- Worn-down teeth.
- Chipped or broken teeth.
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Unattractive or stained fillings in front teeth.
- Large spaces between your teeth.
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth that don't respond well to whitening treatments.
What is the process involved in getting porcelain dental veneers?
Getting a smile makeover with veneers is a highly individualized process. Your dentist's skill, experience, and training are critical to achieving your desired results. In addition to a comprehensive oral exam, your dentist will:
- Review your medical history forms and discuss your goals for treatment.
- Take X-rays of your teeth to determine if you’re a candidate for veneers.
- Rule out periodontal disease or tooth decay.
- Discuss what procedures will be required.
- Create a treatment plan with the appropriate number of appointments needed to complete your makeover.
Once treatment begins, plan on at least two visits over two weeks. Your first visit will include tooth preparation and impression taking. Your dentist will choose the appropriate shade of porcelain for the most natural-looking result and discuss how much of your natural tooth will be altered to achieve the smile you want.
During the second appointment, your dentist will bond the veneers to the front of your teeth. Each veneer is individually sculpted for proper color, shape, and fit. Each tooth is carefully adjusted after being cemented into place until your bite is correct and your new veneers feel natural.
How much do porcelain veneers cost in Hamden, CT?
The cost of porcelain veneers in Hamden, CT, can vary depending on several factors:
- The experience and expertise of the dentist and staff.
- The quality of the dental lab used to fabricate the veneers.
- Local market conditions, overhead costs, etc.
- The condition of your teeth (whether they require additional treatment before veneers are applied).
- The number of veneers you need.
Your dentist will provide an estimate for your treatment plan after examining your teeth and discussing your goals. The final price will depend on the course of treatment most appropriate for you. You can usually expect to pay between $1,750 and $2,500 per tooth.
Golia Dental Offers Porcelain Veneers to Transform Your Smile
If your smile needs a makeover, porcelain veneers may be perfect for you. Golia Dental offers porcelain veneers that can give you a bright, beautiful smile and a confidence boost.