Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of restoring the dentition to proper function and appearance. Candidates for full mouth reconstruction are those who have experienced trauma, have severe decay, damaged teeth or multiple missing teeth. When the majority of your teeth need to be repaired or replaced, a complete restoration may be recommended.
If your dentist has recommended it, you may be wondering how much does full mouth reconstruction cost? It depends on a number of factors.
Average Cost of Full Mouth Reconstruction
It is difficult to pinpoint exactly how much full mouth reconstruction may cost because it will be different for everyone depending on what your particular restorative needs are. The cost can range anywhere from $20,000 to $80,000 with an average of about $50,000. Where the actual cost falls for an individual depends on the following factors.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Full Mouth Reconstruction
The cost of full mouth reconstruction varies from one patient to another based on the following:
- What procedures are needed. The single largest factor in the cost of your full mouth reconstruction is the type of procedures you have done. For example, dental implants cost more than bridges or dentures.
- The number of teeth that need to be restored. The more teeth you need to have restored or replaced, the more your full mouth reconstruction will cost.
- Your dentist’s fees. Dental offices set their prices based on their level of experience and reputation in the community.
- Your geographic location. The cost of living in an area affects everything, including dental services. Densely populated cities will likely have higher prices for restorative dental procedures than smaller towns and rural areas.
- Your insurance. If you have dental insurance, some of the procedures included in your full mouth reconstruction may be covered. Typically insurance won’t cover any procedures that are considered to be cosmetic. Insurance coverages typically range from $1200 - 1500 per year.
Average Cost of Individual Restorative Procedures
Some of the restorative procedures that may be included in your full mouth reconstruction:
- Dental Implants: $3,000-$4,500 per tooth. A dental implant is an artificial tooth and root that is surgically placed in the jaw bone. It looks and functions like a natural tooth.
- Crowns: $1,700-1,800. A crown is an artificial tooth cap that fits over the existing tooth or implant.
- Bridge: $5,100 and up depending how many teeth needed. A bridge is an artificial tooth or row of teeth that are suspended between crowns that fit over the existing teeth on either side of a missing tooth.
- Dentures: $3,500-$20,000. Dentures are a complete set of artificial teeth that are held in place by suction, adhesives or dental implants.
- Root Canal: $1,500. A root canal involves removing the infected soft pulp inside of a tooth and filling it with composite material. This allows the natural tooth to remain intact or it prepares the root for a crown.
- Bone Grafting: $2,000 and up depending on the need. Usually needed to provide adequate bone to accommodate the proper position of implants. Three dimensional imaging (CBCT) is necessary prior to grafting
Restore Your Smile at Golia Dental
Golia Dental provides full mouth reconstruction procedures for patients who need extensive restorative treatment. Since full mouth reconstruction requires a team approach, Dr. Golia gathers the needed specialists to provide a comprehensive approach to treatment. This team assures that the best practitioners will provide treatment with skill, experience and predictability.
Call 203-248-7400 or contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to restoring your smile.